Who we are
Our website address is: http://superbookhouse.com.
Last updated: October 24, 2020.
We know that you care how information about you is used and shared, and we appreciate your trust that we will do so carefully and sensibly. This Privacy Notice describes how Wildmansbooks.com and its affiliates (collectively “SuperBookHouse’s”) collect and process your personal information through SuperBookHouse’s websites, devices, products, services, online and physical stores, and applications that reference this Privacy Notice (together “SuperBookHouse’s Services”). By using SuperBookHouse’s Services, you are consenting to the practices described in this Privacy Notice.
What Personal Information About Customers Does SuperBookHouse’s Collect?
We collect your personal information in order to provide and continually improve our products and services.
Here are the types of personal information we collect:
- Information You Give Us: We receive and store any information you provide in relation to SuperBookHouse’s Services. You can choose not to provide certain information, but then you might not be able to take advantage of many of our SuperBookHouse’s Services.
- Automatic Information: We automatically collect and store certain types of information about your use of SuperBookHouse’s Services, including information about your interaction with content and services available through SuperBookHouse’s Services. Like many websites, we use “cookies” and other unique identifiers, and we obtain certain types of information when your web browser or device accesses SuperBookHouse’s Services and other content served by or on behalf of SuperBookHouse’s on other websites.
- Information from Other Sources: We might receive information about you from other sources, such as updated delivery and address information from our carriers, which we use to correct our records and deliver your next purchase more easily.
For What Purposes Does SuperBookHouse’s Use Your Personal Information?
We use your personal information to operate, provide, develop, and improve the products and services that we offer our customers. These purposes include:
- Purchase and delivery of products and services. We use your personal information to take and handle orders, deliver products and services, process payments, and communicate with you about orders, products and services, and promotional offers.
- Provide, troubleshoot, and improve SuperBookHouse’s Services. We use your personal information to provide functionality, analyze performance, fix errors, and improve the usability and effectiveness of the SuperBookHouse’s Services.
- Recommendations and personalization. We use your personal information to recommend features, products, and services that might be of interest to you, identify your preferences, and personalize your experience with SuperBookHouse’s Services.
- Comply with legal obligations. In certain cases, we collect and use your personal information to comply with laws. For instance, we collect from sellers information regarding place of establishment and bank account information for identity verification and other purposes.
- Communicate with you. We use your personal information to communicate with you in relation to SuperBookHouse’s Services via different channels (e.g., by phone, email, chat).
- Fraud Prevention and Credit Risks. We use personal information to prevent and detect fraud and abuse in order to protect the security of our customers, SuperBookHouse’s, and others. We may also use scoring methods to assess and manage credit risks.
What About Cookies and Other Identifiers?
Does SuperBookHouse’s Share Your Personal Information?
Information about our customers is an important part of our business, and we are not in the business of selling our customers’ personal information to others. We share customers’ personal information only as described below and with subsidiaries Wildmansbooks.com, Inc. controls that either are subject to this Privacy Notice or follow practices at least as protective as those described in this Privacy Notice.
- Protection of SuperBookHouse’s and Others: We release account and other personal information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law; enforce or apply our Conditions of Use and other agreements; or protect the rights, property, or safety of SuperBookHouse’s, our users, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Other than as set out above, you will receive notice when personal information about you might be shared with third parties, and you will have an opportunity to choose not to share the information.
How Secure Is Information About Me?
We design our systems with your security and privacy in mind.
- We work to protect the security of your personal information during transmission by using encryption protocols and software.
- We maintain physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards in connection with the collection, storage, and disclosure of personal customer information. Our security procedures mean that we may occasionally request proof of identity before we disclose personal information to you.
- It is important for you to protect against unauthorized access to your password and to your computers, devices, and applications. Be sure to sign off when finished using a shared computer.
What Information Can I Access?
You can access your information, including your name, address, payment options, profile information, Prime membership, household settings, and purchase history in the “Your Account” section of the website.
What Choices Do I Have?
If you have any questions as to how we collect and use your personal information, please contact our Customer Service. Many of our SuperBookHouse’s Services also include settings that provide you with options as to how your information is being used.
- As described above, you can choose not to provide certain information, but then you might not be able to take advantage of many of the SuperBookHouse’s Services.
In addition, to the extent required by applicable law, you may have the right to request access to or delete your personal data. If you wish to do any of these things, please contact Customer Service. Depending on your data choices, certain services may be limited or unavailable.
Are Children Allowed to Use SuperBookHouse’s Services?
SuperBookHouse’s does not sell products for purchase by children. We sell children’s products for purchase by adults. If you are under 18, you may use SuperBookHouse’s Services only with the involvement of a parent or guardian. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 13 without the consent of the child’s parent or guardian.
Conditions of Use, Notices, and Revisions
If you choose to use SuperBookHouse’s Services, your use and any dispute over privacy is subject to this Notice. If you have any concern about privacy at SuperBookHouse’s, please contact us with a thorough description, and we will try to resolve it. Our business changes constantly, and our Privacy Notice will change also. You should check our websites frequently to see recent changes. Unless stated otherwise, our current Privacy Notice applies to all information that we have about you and your account. We stand behind the promises we make, however, and will never materially change our policies and practices to make them less protective of customer information collected in the past without the consent of affected customers.